Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Lieutenant by Sharita R Lira

Summary:
Nathan Ellerby's apartment has been ransacked by his ex who didn't like the fact Nathan dumped him. Trouncing through the debris uttering a string of obscenities, Nathan's shocked to see Lieutenant Bryant Duncan at his door claiming he's already caught the offender. Sensing an instant connection, when Nathan finds out Bryant's divorced and he's straddling the fence between being gay or bisexual, Nathan finds himself in a quandary.

Although the Lieutenant does everything in his power to prove to Nathan he's worthy, Nathan is afraid to lower his defenses which leaves both men wondering if Nathan will allow love into his life even through his doubts.

Reviewer: RedDragonfly
I was if'y about picking this book up, because I've never heard of the author before but I saw that a few other reviewers from my review company had read her books and given her pretty good ratings. I loved this story, I just wish it had been longer, it was only about 20k words. I thought that it could have been twice as long, it was that pulling and good and it had me cracking up. I loved Nathan, his voice was so funny, he had me actually laughing out loud at a few times!

The only problem I had with him was his insecurities regarding Bryant, they seemed to go on for most of the book. But also at the same time, I can see where he is coming from, Bryant was basically straight (or at least in the closet due to guilt, marriage, and military as he puts it) before he saw Nathan and decided he wanted him. I also liked that Nathan made Bryant wait to have sex and didn't jump right into bed after their first date, he wanted to let Bryant make sure that was what he really wanted, I thought that was a very polite thing and showed what a good person he was. I also would have liked to get into Bryant's head and know more about him.

If the author decides to write a sequel, I'll be picking up the book and I'm also looking forward to reading other books she has written. I'm giving Sharita Lira's My Lieutenant 4.5 stars.

Publisher: Rebel Ink Press
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

1 comments:

S.Lira said...

TY so much for the awesome review!

Post a Comment